Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surname missing on o2 paperwork

Hannah37
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I received my welcome paperwork from o2 today and noticed one of my surnames is missing. I’m not sure if this is because it could not all fit. Is this a problem? So I don’t need a name change I need a name adding. Help please
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Hannah37 My name has been wrong on my account for the last 20 years or so. It's never been a problem. Just make sure you use the name as it appears on your contract when talking to customer services. 

You can go through the process of trying to change it, but probably more trouble than it's worth.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

You need to ring o2 to resolve this http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Hannah37 My name has been wrong on my account for the last 20 years or so. It's never been a problem. Just make sure you use the name as it appears on your contract when talking to customer services. 

You can go through the process of trying to change it, but probably more trouble than it's worth.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

Hannah37
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have spoke to O2 who said I need to speak to Where I purchased the phone. Did that & was told just leave it as it is or fill in a change of name form which may cause unnecessary problems. I explained I’m anxious as to future problems as my surname is only half correct. But I was told it’s fine as other details were correct. I really don’t want further problems 🥺
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It is fine, as I said above.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5