Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surely this has to be a joke!

AJ1982
Level 3: Thinker
  • 49 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

In short. I try and order a iPad two weeks ago online. Get asked for a £200 bond. I complain and get told it was a mistake. I order an iPhone 7 plus no problem no bond. I try again last week for the iPad get credit checked and accepted only to hit a error screen just before order completion. I try again as told numerous times and credit checks only to keep hitting the same error screen. Every time £125 gets taken off my credit card. Just now the same damn thing happened again after 3 yes that's right 3 more credit checks I get asked for another bond of £200. Online chat told me to keep trying using different devices and this is what happens. O2 have smashed my credit score for nothing! Surly this has to be a joke! What the hell is going on? I want some bloody answers now! I consider myself to be quite calm and reasonable but I've hit my wits end right now. You can't just go doing this to people's credit files and think a simple sorry for the trouble will was it away. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similar issue when I paid off my o2 refresh contract in full before it was due to end to upgrade & then o2 kept trying to take payments from me still but failed as the direct debit had been stopped. It completely ruined my credit score & I was fuming!

I'm sorry to hear about your current situation though.

Message 2 of 8

Olamilekan
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 97 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@AJ1982 I think you are better off ordering over the phone whenever you decide to do it again. A similar thing happened to me when the Iphone 6 came out, Firstly I ordered an Iphone 6 which i decided I wanted a 6 plus so sent it back ordered an Iphone 6 plus which passed but after waiting 3 weeks I cancelled & when the phone was in stock I attempted again & got declined. 

I was told I needed to wait a few months then try again, I made sure i rang the CS number to place the order which passed that time.

Message 3 of 8

AJ1982
  • 49 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
It's not on screwing up people's credit scores like this. Sorry won't wash with me now. I won't let this slide until I get some damn good answers
Message 4 of 8

AJ1982
  • 49 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Just checked my credit card and £495 has been set a side for o2! WTF! If this doesn't get sorted I'll plaster this all over facebook twitter and YouTube o2 deserve the bad publicity
Message 5 of 8

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @AJ1982,

Sorry to hear you're not happy. have you gotten in contact with customer service? What did they say?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 8

AJ1982
  • 49 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Yeah I did, and all I got was "sorry for the trouble" try again and again and again over and over. They've totally ruined my credit score and now want £200 it's one big joke, I spent 55 minutes last time on online chat repeating myself over and over until I just could not take anymore. I'm just so angry right now over it all I don't think I could contain myself if I have to repeat it all over again.
Message 7 of 8

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @AJ1982,

Please send me a PM and we'll have a chat about how to rectify this.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 8