Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supposed call from 02- scam?

HJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Had a call today from this number, 0161 507 2864, claiming to be calling from 02 to discuss discounts on my account. When I asked how I knew he was from 02 he said he could provide me with details but then his 'computer froze' and he said he'd have to call me back.

Anyone know if this is a scam call?

It looks like you landed on a popular topic that many are viewing!

Why not register to our community to be able to ask related questions if you need additional help, and interact with other members?

See also here some information on how to get started with the community and what other great things you could do here as a member. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@HJ

It's not a scam, it appears to be from an O2 'trusted partner' https://180info.co.uk/number/01615072864

However, our advice would be to BLOCK the number and don't be tempted to take up anything they may offer you. You will end up on a business contract, which you do not need.

In fact never take any offer of a new device or contract from any cold caller.

Hope that helps and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Please, also anyone browsing these pages, do not, ever, upgrade from a cold call whoever they purport to be.

Just block the number and if you are wanting to upgrade or change tariff, then it is much better to call 202 or go instore.

Message 3 of 6

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @HJ, I hope the replies above answered your question, but please do let us know if there is anything else we cna help you with slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 6

KMM85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

0161 531 4423 called today saying they were from O2 and saying I'm getting a 40% discount as a good customer. Then that I'd be getting sent texts with a link to get this activated!! 🤣 scam scam scam. 

Message 5 of 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6266 Posts
  • 47 Topics
  • 1433 Solutions

Yep. Unfortunately catching some out

Once they have the OTP they have access to your account

Heed the warning before the OTP arrives

Screenshot_20230914_134352_Messages.jpg

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 6