Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange phone numbers which hand up when I answer call

Summerglow
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have received two phone calls today with numbers starting +212, both callers where from different numbers.

Each time I answer the phone call is ended.

Has anyone else had this issue and is it something I need to be concerned with.  Im in the UK.

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Summerglow 

O2 advice here:

*Calls from unknown international numbers are often part of a scam, sometimes known as Wangiri (one ring) and is where the fraudster leaves a missed call on your phone, intentionally not giving you a chance to answer it. If you call it back, you could incur high costs. You should report Wangiri calls to nuisance@telefonica.com including details of your mobile number, the number calling you, and the time and date of the call(s).

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/unwanted-calls-and-messages

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Summerglow 

It's just scammers trying to get you to call them back on a premium rate number.

Block the numbers and ignore them.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Summerglow 

O2 advice here:

*Calls from unknown international numbers are often part of a scam, sometimes known as Wangiri (one ring) and is where the fraudster leaves a missed call on your phone, intentionally not giving you a chance to answer it. If you call it back, you could incur high costs. You should report Wangiri calls to nuisance@telefonica.com including details of your mobile number, the number calling you, and the time and date of the call(s).

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/unwanted-calls-and-messages

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

Summerglow
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

Thanks for the information, I have sent them an email.

Lets hope it resolves the issue.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5