cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange MMS from O2UK

Anonymous
Not applicable
I received a text MMS today from O2UK today which claimed it was a picture message but all it shows are the words no subject above the item and the where the picture is ment to be is a the words RANGE_FUP_MMS... I'm worried my phone now my now have a virus, I've phoned customers services but they wasn't much help and didn't seem to know what it was, is O2UK a genuine text from O2?
Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

I wouldn't worry about it, as long as you didn't click anything in the text. Just delete it.

It'll likely be a promotional text that's gotten corrupted. I've had one similar in the past.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

I wouldn't worry about it, as long as you didn't click anything in the text. Just delete it.

It'll likely be a promotional text that's gotten corrupted. I've had one similar in the past.

Message 2 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144785 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27745 Solutions
Just delete it.
Don't open or download it. If you turn off mobile data it can't run and once deleted it's harmless.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately not using my Brain I clicked on it as it said it was from O2UK, my phone just said it was a unknown object
Message 4 of 18

MI5
  • 144785 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27745 Solutions
What phone have you got?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sony xperia z3
Message 6 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 123212 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

I had exactly the same MMS. Mine was from O2 as it came into the usual text box. I did click on it and mine Is an advert for their Christmas gift offers....

A gift from you and one from O2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've found it strange as any texts I've had from O2 that haven't deleted are from O2 UK and not O2UK
Message 8 of 18

MI5
  • 144785 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27745 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Sony xperia z3

If at all worried, download AVG Antivirus and run a scan, but I doubt you have anything to worry about 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.antivirus&hl=en-GB

Currently using:
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will try doing that, thanks slight_smile
Message 10 of 18