Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage on iPad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Can anyone kindly help?

Basically, I've got an iPad which I've hooked up to my broadband and I was "informed" that my "Storage Almost Full", "go to settings". When I went to settings and "manage storage", I noticed my storage was indeed nearly full but I could purchase space through iCloud. This I did - the maximum amount but it seems that something has not worked as it should because i am still being sent a message on my iPad that states my "storage is almost full", even though I have extra space, my space being 55gb total and 54 available.

Can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong or there is a problem with the broadband? I hope I've explained the problem clearly but if anyone thinks they may need more info then please do let me know

Many thanks for your help

Andrew
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think Adam is right it must be the 16gb that's becoming overloaded

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Hello Andrew and welcome to the forums firstly:)

By any chance is this a 64gb iPad?

I haven't used one myself but I presume the way forward is the same.

Go to;
Settings> iCloud.

From there you can turn on/off what exactly is backed up into iCloud.

Try turning off the ones you don't really need such as app backups. That should free up a fair amount of space and stop the pesky messages.

Do you have anything else attached to the same iCloud account?

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Thanks for your reply. It's actually a 16gb iPad and I've already turned off all my non-essential stuff. The problem seems to be that I've got 54gb (which is highlighted in settings) of space available but the iPad keeps telling me there's no space! Very frustrating.

Nothing else attached to the iCloud account - so far as I'm aware....!
Not sure what else to do!
Message 3 of 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

On the ipad what is shown here Settings>general>Uasge> Storage what is available is it just your ipad has local storage space issues?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think Adam is right it must be the 16gb that's becoming overloaded
Message 5 of 6

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Arrgh thanks Adam:)

Wow ok I'm suprised at the space its taking up.

Can you log into your iCloud account from a desktop and see what else its storing. It's not adding up at the moment.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 6 of 6