Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still cant make calls..!

Liamfark
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I still cant make or receive any calls. I need to be able to receive calls to access my work systems through phone verification, this has cost me £160 today due to not having access. No notification from O2, inaccurate network status on the website and no support. This is ridiclous. What is going on? 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

There is a network issue
We are all customers so we can't give a timescale, sorry
From O2
We’re aware some customers experienced issues with voice calls this morning and our technical teams have now restored service. If you're still experiencing issues making and receiving calls, try switching your device off and on again which will help your service return to normal. We apologise for any inconvenience caused

Message 2 of 10

Liamfark
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Do O2 not view and respond to these forums? I have no way of contacting them as my phone doesn't work and they have deactivated the chat function to save money (covid not a valid reason as millions work from home, especially for an online chat platform). Do I have any scope to claim lost earnings back from O2 given the complete lack of customer support or clarity?
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144833 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
What good would calling CS do anyway?
The network needs fixing and it will be done when it's done.
If you're running a business critical on phone calls you should have a backup solution in place as no network guarantees 100% uptime.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

EG2
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

2.55pm still can’t or receive calls.

Any updates

Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Liamfark
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is that a no then, no way of claiming any compensation for this?

I understand issues occur but at the same time I do not expect them to be so lengthy, without any information from the network provider, no notification, inaccurate information on their own website stating the network is fine and there are no issues, and to top it off there is no way to communicate with the network provider as they have disabled critical lines of communication using a pandemic as an excuse to save money which they are probably claiming back off the government (our money) though grants and the furlough scheme. Absolute scum bag behaviour, it is not acceptable. 

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144833 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
They may offer a goodwill gesture equivalent to a day's worth of your monthly airtime plan but as far as compo is concerned, no, sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

Liamfark
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Should they not allow roaming on other networks as a contingency for things like this. Someone has mentioned this only affects certain people on a specific platform, can anyone detail what this means, which platform? My wife is on o2 and is unaffected
Message 9 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12126 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions
The platform you refer to means a group of numbers.
Basically some are affected, some are not.
Which is why this is such a pain for some people and not for others, and why it is such a nightmare to resolve.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 10