Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam text 66299

Jondawe
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have just received text message from the above number, saying it will charge 4.50 per text for up to 3 texts per month. I don't want to send the stop reply in case it charges for that. How do I ensure that I don't get charged and is there a way to report the number and get it blocked?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Jondawe 

Help here Guide: Have you fallen for or been conned into a premium rate scam? What to do next 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Jondawe 

Help here Guide: Have you fallen for or been conned into a premium rate scam? What to do next 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Lots of good help here too https://payforitsucks.co.uk/ 

You also need to ask customer service to block all charge to mobile payments on your account but this shouldn't happen now without your knowledge as there is a 2 step verification in place to prevent anyone from being charged without their knowledge.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 4 of 6

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10674 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hello @Jondawe
Very sorry to hear you have been contacted by the scum trying to steal your money.
Good advices given by community members. Follow these carefully. Contact customer services (not chat) and make sure as advised you bar direct charges to your phone also bar premium rate calls too, sure you don't want these either.
@payforitsucks has fantastic advice.
Make sure that these scum don't get any money of yours.
Best of luck and good wishes TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 6

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Jondawe How are you getting on with this one?

Just to clarify, we do have several layers of verifications in place to help customers make sure they only subscribe to services they want to subscribe to (more info here). The PIN process has been implemented on our end and we make sure this is also implemented across the different partners that we allow to use the service. We are continuing to work on ensuring this requirement is fulfilled by all. In some cases we also see that customers disputes have started prior to the change being implemented, which explains why it would not have triggered the extra layers of verification.  

If you need any additional help at all, please come back and give us a shout slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6