Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone might be spoofing my number?

FeralPoroSnack
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

(Sorry if this is on the wrong board, but none of the others seemed to fit the bill either.)

I got a call a few minutes ago from a woman who said I'd called her number and she was ringing back to see who it was. Issue is that I haven't made any calls today or even in the past few days.

After a quick search online I saw a few other people with the same problem (admittedly all seemed to be on different service providers so this obviously isn't just an O2 specific issue) and the suggestion of 'spoofing' came up a few times - basically a telemarketer or someone has managed to somehow change their caller ID to my number in an effort to disguise their actual number. I tried using the O2 online chat feature to see if I could get it sorted but there didn't seem to be a relevant summary of what I wanted to talk about - the closest I could find was to do with device issues, but that's not really the problem and now I just sort of feel like I'm running around in circles.

Just want to know what people recommend short of changing my number (ideally) or even if there's any other way to get in touch with O2 to figure out what's going on.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122348 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @FeralPoroSnack 

Nothing can be done to stop these at the moment. They usually move on to some other number quite quickly.

Number spoofing scams - Ofcom

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122348 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @FeralPoroSnack 

Nothing can be done to stop these at the moment. They usually move on to some other number quite quickly.

Number spoofing scams - Ofcom

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 2