Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim unlock

Nataliejade
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Im wanting to unlock my sim to any network, i have got the puk code to do it but im unsure where i need to type it in to be able to unlock the sim card. Can any one help?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Nataliejade 

First thing to do is to try a non O2 sim in the phone. This will confirm if the phone is locked or not.

Please let us know what happens with a different sim and we can go from there.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Nataliejade 

It's not a PUK you need.

Please follow the help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Nataliejade
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh right, i phoned up and it was an automated service and it gave me the code, iv been through that link already and i got an email saying they cant do it because apparently my phone number isnt known by o2, which it is because i got the contract with o2. I dont know what else to do
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Nataliejade 

First thing to do is to try a non O2 sim in the phone. This will confirm if the phone is locked or not.

Please let us know what happens with a different sim and we can go from there.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Nataliejade
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have tried another sim an it worked. The phone must have been unlocked when i got it on contract. Thankyou for your reply
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Nataliejade 

Good news - I had a feeling it would be wink

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6