Did you mean: 

Sim swap

Nicnac1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please can somebody help me ?

I went to my o2 shop on 25/01/22 at 12pm to upgrade my iPhone 8 Plus to an iPhone 13 pro max, obviously it has a different sim to mine so they put that in for me and off I went, as soon as I walked out of the shop my old phone service was no more. I got home and put the phones side by side and everything transferred over to the new one ! Only later did I notice that I wasn’t connected to the network, I went back to the shop the following day at 9am, they told me that they’d try a different sim and only told me then that it can take up to 24hrs to be up and running, needless to say I wasn’t impressed!! Later that afternoon I called the technical department, they looked at everything and said it was probably the phone at fault and that I should go back to the o2 shop. At the shop they removed the sim and tried it in a demonstrator, it didn’t work, they then put the demonstrator sim in mine, it worked , proving that there’s no fault with the new phone ! They assured me that I would be connected within the 24hrs!! So today 27/01/22 , 28 hrs after second sim went in, I returned to the store with still no connection!! The member of staff went onto a web chat and I’ve now got a 3rd sim in and been told to wait another 24hrs ! I’m at the end of my tether and extremely frustrated and angry, I’ve no confidence that anything is going to happen over night?? 
please, has anyone got any advice on what I should do? 

many thanks 

nicola 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Nicnac1 

Just to let you know that you're not alone.

There's a known fault currently with sim activations. O2's advice is to keep rebooting your phone periodically until they resolve the issue.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Nicnac1 

Just to let you know that you're not alone.

There's a known fault currently with sim activations. O2's advice is to keep rebooting your phone periodically until they resolve the issue.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Nicnac1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for replying, I’ve been rebooting for 2 1/2 days, arghh!! They denied that there was any fault , all they said was that if there was a problem then they’d know about it? I asked about this constant sim swapping and wasn’t I best to stick with the sim until it activates, they said that if it hadn’t activated in 24hrs then it’s not going to , is this correct to your knowledge? 

Message 4 of 6

Nicnac1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, they’ve checked it in store twice, then the tech team checked, then the member off staff went onto an o2 webchat whilst I was there today and had her trying stuff, to eventually suggest a third sim ! 
thank you for your reply

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Nicnac1 wrote:

Thank you for replying, I’ve been rebooting for 2 1/2 days, arghh!! They denied that there was any fault , all they said was that if there was a problem then they’d know about it? I asked about this constant sim swapping and wasn’t I best to stick with the sim until it activates, they said that if it hadn’t activated in 24hrs then it’s not going to , is this correct to your knowledge? 

The bad news is that apart from not getting 5g, you could have continued to use your old sim.

That aside, there have been a lot of people with the same issue as you this week and some have now been sorted out, so hopefully it won't take much longer to fix yours.

I don't see why you keep on needing new sim either. I think that is just delaying the process.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6