Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim dongle

Blackhog
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a new car, which has a wlan network, and i can get it working by tethering my phone. 

However, VW have a car stick to connect via a USB port, i was wondering can i get a sim to share my data which i could fit to the dongle! If that makes sense. 

I know i can buy a pay as you go dongle, but obviously sharing my data would be even better. 

Thanks in Advance. 

J

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143433 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
A duplicate sim is something that I badgered O2 for a while back but they said it wouldn't be wanted by enough customers to warrant it.
You can get one on O2-DE though so maybe one day O2-UK will catch up wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 92918 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You can share data when you have a Refresh contract but it has to be set up when you take out the contract as the lead device. All sharing devices cost I believe, £7.50 each so you may have to, and it may be cheaper, to get a P&G sim.

Message 2 of 4

Blackhog
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, 

i know i can order a free payg data sim, so perhaps it will be easier than trying to link it to my account. 

Thanks anyway. 

J

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143433 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
A duplicate sim is something that I badgered O2 for a while back but they said it wouldn't be wanted by enough customers to warrant it.
You can get one on O2-DE though so maybe one day O2-UK will catch up wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4