cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal strength

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi wondering if I could possibly get a reply here about the poor signal strength in my area, Chatteris, cambridgeshire, PE16 6.
Now on the network coverage section of the O2 website it states signal for making and receiving calls is very good, and on that basis I purchased a contract phone with O2. I'm lucky to get more than one bar at any time in the house or anywhere in town, rendering my iPhone about as much use as an iPod touch.
Why do O2 state there is a high level of service in my area when clearly there isn't?!
I've downloaded tugo in the hope I might be able to receive calls at home but even that is a touch and go app with lots of bugs still to be fixed.
Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

check your full postcode on the live status page for issues. http://status.o2.co.uk

But a quick check shows no issues for the general area.

I would assume that you have 3g enabled? try with it off as 2g  should give a good indoor signal. settings > general> mobile data > enable 3g toggle off and you may get a lot more bars.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Do-you-have-poor-coverage-signal-Indoors-This-ma... helps explain the issue

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi thanks for your quick reply. I don't think it's a temporary issue it been poor for some time. Even with 3G off its still really poor. I can't have a full phone conversation with out it cutting me off mid sentence. I checked by full post code this morning and it shows good coverage with full bars which I simply am not achieving.
Message 3 of 39

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144785 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
It only shows good coverage for 2G and no 3G signal at all in your area. How are you turning off 3G ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
As described above ^^
Message 5 of 39

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

it shows 3g900 but only 2 bars for that area hence my suggestion.

If 2g is poor then report a possiable mast issue to o2 as the 2g mast is very close to that partial postcode on the coverage checker.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had this O2 contract since before Xmas. Surely if it was a mast issue it would have been reported/sorted by now?
Message 7 of 39

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 8 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have yes and it's very hit and miss. Still quite buggy I think. Also no good if I leave the house to go into town or anything...
Message 9 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

we live near Dock rd. my wife & I spend our time running round the garden trying to keep a call going. Its been the same for TEN YEARS.

Warboys on the other hand has 4g and lots of it.

we would like even 2g. The mast cant cope.

Message 10 of 39