cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal booster for coverage in rural areas

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. Does anybody know of a way to boost coverage for the O2 signal in rural areas. Sick of hanging out of the window.
I have decent broadband speed from sky but O2 customer services have told me the poor reception is not their issue. Told me to look on ebay for a booster.
When I mentioned a boost box to use the internet to phone they just blanked it. Denver even considered it as an option although my neighbour on a business contract has one and it works fine.

Shame really as I've been a loyal O2 customer for years and it seems myself and my wife will have to leave.

Cheers
Paul
Message 1 of 61
60 REPLIES 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
What is the basic rate for switching to a business 02 account. Who do you speak to? Both myself and my wife and the kids are on 02 so might not be suck a bad idea.
Message 11 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
All phones are out of contract etc... If this helps things
Message 12 of 61

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Business pages here http://businessshop.o2.co.uk/O2BusinessShopMobileLanding

Just remember to add VAT to the prices shown.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't really seem fair that o2 are only selling these to business customers are they not supposed to have a fair deal policy where everyone gets the same deal obviously doesn't work in this case

Message 14 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It doesn't really seem fair that o2 are only selling these to business customers are they not supposed to have a fair deal policy where everyone gets the same deal obviously doesn't work in this case

I asked the question to site staff not too long ago and am awaiting a reply.

Message 15 of 61

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Business tariffs carry a different set of T&C's where O2 DO guarantee a level of service, so it's part of that requirement....
The fair deal policy is for consumer tariffs only and has nothing to do with business accounts....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
After a lot of calls and agro finally Spoke to the right person in 02 and the basic boostbox 25m max range is £150 plus vat. Need to swap to from consumer to business contract. The box holds any 20 02 numbers and takes the minutes off your contract whoever uses it. They have a bigger boostbox but it's a lot more cash. Shame really as it's a lot of money for something that others offer for a lot less.
Message 17 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any updates on boost boxes etc ?

TuGo is all good and well when it works...which is rare

Except if I leave my phone sitting with WiFi turned on, but me not using the phone it disconnects the WiFi.
And if I'm signed up with TuGo, calls no longer get forwarded or mailboxed...so when someone calls I get nothing. Hardly ideal.
Message 18 of 61

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Any updates on boost boxes etc ?

TuGo is all good and well when it works...which is rare

Except if I leave my phone sitting with WiFi turned on, but me not using the phone it disconnects the WiFi.
And if I'm signed up with TuGo, calls no longer get forwarded or mailboxed...so when someone calls I get nothing. Hardly ideal.

O2 only provide boost boxes to business cutomers.

WiFi will switch off on an iPhone when screen is locked unless you keep the charger plugged in. This is an iPhone issue, not Tugo.

If you have any other device you can specify for WiFi to remain on always in the advanced WiFi settings.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

i've an HTC Desire S.

Even when asked to remain on, it just doesnt. I dont see any feature that allows a dedicated permanent on feature.

It wouldnt be so bad if call forwarding or mailbox remained active with TuGo, but turning those important features off seems silly.

Are any of the signal boosters any use ? For a domestic bungalow. Dont care about 3G etc, just phone signal.

I see a website which by name you would almost think o2 endorse it...although I suspect that is not the case. There are other identical websites with different names, so clearly they register a few in order to fool buyers.

http://www.o2signalboosters.co.uk/products/O2-GSM-900MHZ-Mobile-Signal-Booster-Up-to-500sqm.html

I have other networks too, they're all bad indoors here so moving to another network wont make any difference. O2 is perhaps marginally better.

Message 20 of 61