Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Email on 4g

Andy44
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hello all, I realised today I was receiving emails ok but I couldn’t send an email from my iPhone 8 Plus SW 14.1 (updated last night), this was when I was at work and connected via O2 4g data connection. Email account is with btinternet. I’m not sure how long this has been or just since the SW update. The strange thing is I can send and receive when connected to a Wi-fi network. I have searched for an answer and checked several settings, with no success. All help appreciated. Andy
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Andy44
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@MI5 I only thought it was solved, I’m currently out on site and it’s acting the muppet again! Can’t send on btinternet but can send on outlook, anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Message 11 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Andy44 

Myself and some others are having the same problems now and it looks like it's due to O2 ip addresses being marked as spam on certain mail servers.

Not sure why or how to resolve this yet......

I wonder if @O2Waqas or @O2Emma could look into this later today for us?

So far it's BT and VirginMedia that is failing as far as I know.......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 15

Andy44
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@MI5 you’ve got a good supply of info! My gut was telling me has to be network - email provider specific as some work and others don’t. btinternet help forum suggest they are aware of problems with apple products and suggest checking password in outgoing and incoming are correct. But I’ve done that and still not working! Even tried turning my phone off and on, I’m near a land border so I might try roaming and see if that works!
Message 13 of 15

O2Waqas
Former Staff
  • 139 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@MI5 Thank you for the tag, once I’ve had a look into it I will add a message on here if there is anything that will benefit other users.

@Andy44 I will send you a private message so we can look into this further for you

Thanks 

Waqas 

signature
Message 14 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Andy44 

gmail works fine too and any other accounts that fail on 4g/3g work fine on wifi, so it's not an account setting issue at all. I've even factory reset one phone and setup the email again to check this.

It cannot be anything other than O2 ip address related.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 15