Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen cracks

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 6975 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi all I had a little accedent with my note 4 phone i dropped it on a hard floor and the screen has now got little cracks init the phone still works ok can see what i'm doing but would like some help as to how to get it fixed?

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 1 of 72
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You need to get it repaired at a Samsung approved repairer so that your warranty is preserved.
You can contact Samsung directly or try your local Carphone Warehouse for example.
However, it won't be cheap, so check if you have any insurance that will cover it, home, bank etc.
Meantime you can fit a screen protector which will help to prevent it getting any worse while you decide how to get it fixed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 72
71 REPLIES 71

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You need to get it repaired at a Samsung approved repairer so that your warranty is preserved.
You can contact Samsung directly or try your local Carphone Warehouse for example.
However, it won't be cheap, so check if you have any insurance that will cover it, home, bank etc.
Meantime you can fit a screen protector which will help to prevent it getting any worse while you decide how to get it fixed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 72

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @blissgirl  Well you need to get this repaired by a registered repairer?. If this was me I would send it back to Samsung...Unless someone can suggest anywhere else?

Edit...as MI5 says...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 72

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Samsung helpline if you need it...

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 72

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 6975 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
yeah but i'm not with o2 anymore i did go to vodaphone shop but they werent helpfull so went to a indepent shop and that seems cheaper than what VF said so will see
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 5 of 72

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@blissgirl wrote:
yeah but i'm not with o2 anymore i did go to vodaphone shop but they werent helpfull so went to a indepent shop and that seems cheaper than what VF said so will see

You don't need to be with O2 to go to Samsung repairers? If you go anywhere cheap you risk voiding your warranty @blissgirl 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 72

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No one mentioned O2?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 72

Anonymous
Not applicable
Go straight to the manufacturers as you have a 2 year warranty & remember to include time & date stamped photos of the condition of the phone before you send IT in
Message 8 of 72

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If you think you're saving yourself some money by not sending it to Samsung or a Samsung approved repairer, you're deluding yourself. It will void your warranty, and if not repaired properly you'll wind up with a very expensive doorstop.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 72

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous

Warranty won't help on this. User error
Message 10 of 72