Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen burn!!

Screenburn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Recently sent a one plus 3t to o2 recycle. Was offered £81 but by the time I got the offer after sending phone it was reduced to £16! The physical screen and phone were in mint condition. They said it was due to screen burn! A complete fabrication. I refused their offer and asked for phone to be returned. I worry that that they will physically damage it before return. I took a photo of the screen to show it had no physical cracks but in future turn on phone and take a photo of screen without screen burn!
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

EekItsRipley
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to let you know .... I missed a call today that went to voicemail . Upon checking it during lunch at work ..... guess what !!  slight_smile

The woman I spoke to yesterday at O2 Recycle had referred my phone to a supervisor who checked it .

Supposedly the operator who looked at my phone yesterday was being harsh with his grading . Today the screen burn has vanished ... the phone is in mint condition ... £270 was paid into my bank account today.

Result !!!!

When I decide to sell the Galaxy S10 I know where it won't be going !  slight_smile

Gary

Message 21 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Well done mate - we often find they back down when challenged wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Well done @EekItsRipley 

Perseverance is the key (obviously) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 26

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Result @EekItsRipley good to hear👍smiling

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 24 of 26

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Great result but these cowboys want reigning in. Rather than the adviser being harsh I rather think he was hoping to pick it up for ridiculous money and sell it on. In my opinion for what it's worth, there is collusion between some so called valuers and a supervisor, making them big money on the side.

Disclaimer : This is just my unsubstantiated opinion.....

Message 25 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Great result but these cowboys want reigning in. Rather than the adviser being harsh I rather think he was hoping to pick it up for ridiculous money and sell it on. In my opinion for what it's worth, there is collusion between some so called valuers and a supervisor, making them big money on the side.

Disclaimer : This is just my unsubstantiated opinion.....

Actually @jonsie  I would agree. There are far too many of these low valuations given, for it not to be some sort of scam.

Let's face it, if a low valuation is given, why then would they increase it? They only do this when the customer complains and challenges them.

If a phone IS only worth £40, they would never increase it to £200+

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 26