Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen burn!!

Screenburn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Recently sent a one plus 3t to o2 recycle. Was offered £81 but by the time I got the offer after sending phone it was reduced to £16! The physical screen and phone were in mint condition. They said it was due to screen burn! A complete fabrication. I refused their offer and asked for phone to be returned. I worry that that they will physically damage it before return. I took a photo of the screen to show it had no physical cracks but in future turn on phone and take a photo of screen without screen burn!
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
All too common I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Dino1968  Far better off going to CEX or Mazuma mobile to trade your phone in.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 26

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The RecycleTeam have obviously had group trining on screen burn because they are all good at spotting it now...

Message 13 of 26

Angel
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi!

I wish that Ive done my research and seen your forum before I sent my Samsung s8 plus.

They reduced their offer from £ 215 to £ 43 for the same reason. 

I had that phone for 18 months and I was looking after it well. No one scratch and it was sent in perfect condition. Never noticed any screen burn. 

Let’s hope that I get it back in the same.condition. 

Very disappointed with o2 service and I was a loyal customer for many years  

Its a robbery ! Once I get it back I’m going to look into complaints as my blood is boiling!

Message 14 of 26

RandomBrunette
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I think that I am going to have to join the list of people who wish that they'd read the many threads on O2 recycle before sending off their phone!

My original quote was for £170. This morning I received an update on my "revised quote". My quote had gone from £170 to £34 due to "screen burn".

I originally emailed them asking how this is the case that the screen is so badly damaged but yet I could still use it and noticed no obvious defects. Having read these threads I have now asked for my phone to be returned to me in the condition that I sent it in. It was in near perfect condition, no scratches, no damage. Let's see if it comes back that way! I'd be curious to know from those that have had theirs sent back if they were sent back in the condition they were sent in?

I should point out that I upgraded to a Samsung S10 so,as per current offer, would be getting an extra £100 for trading in my S8 making my original quote £270. It went from £270 to £134 including the offer!
Message 15 of 26

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Yes, we seem to see this same complaint regularly now. I also just received the new S10+ but there is no way I'm sending my S8+ to O2 Recycle. I was lucky once with them, got the quoted price, but won't risk it again. I'll use somewhere like CEX.

Can't imagine how many complaints there are about these thieves not posted on the forum!

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 16 of 26

EekItsRipley
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thought I would post with exactly the same experience ... absolutely mint Galaxy S8 ...in case and glass screen protector from day one ... guess what ... screen burn . I phoned them and was told it can only be seen under the diagnostics tests !! So a fault (??) invisible to a normal human being reduces value of phone by 80% LOL

I said return the phone in the same condition I sent it ... their reply was shall we have another look and see if we can raise the offer !  To which I said unless the offer is £170 then forget it .

Gary

Message 17 of 26

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Did you get the £170 in the end?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 26

EekItsRipley
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No  ... only got their offer today and then phoned them up .

Message 19 of 26

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Ah OK, let us know how it goes.

Currently using:
Message 20 of 26