Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Products and Services

Anonymous

Re: Scam warning, received this email, requests all bank acct details once logged in

Especially after 4 or 5 members immediately flagged the post to have the personal info removed
Anonymous

Re: Scam warning, received this email, requests all bank acct details once logged in

Also thanks @Bambino for helpful & useful advice as always
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,326

7.56am and the details are still there.....10 hours? Flagged again but maybe pointless!

Topics: 770

[ Edited ]

I have to say I am very concerned that nearly 9 hrs after this initial post was flagged (a number of times by many of us) that the OPs personal details are still showing at nearly 8 am in the morning!! Smiley Mad

I have flagged again and hope someone will remove them ...

Edit:... 8.36 am edited by Brendon.....

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Anonymous

This latest round of emails and texts isn't the first time. O2 were hit at the beginning of 2012 with a data breach based on how the website was moving data. See the report below. ...

http://beta.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/o2-data-breach-why-we-should-a...

It is so worrying Nick. Its a real fact that not everyone is savvy about scams...It doesn't matter whether we think they should be ....because as these get more and more sophisticated they can fool even the more knowledgeable.

It as if the scammers have mounted a post Christmas campaign to hook as many people in as possible..Smiley Sad

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,326

This was highlighted here initially when it first hit the headlines. That was nothing compared to the information out there now...

Anonymous

The email that many people had came from an idiot in Italy. The actual email address was test@sipav.org

If you click on the link to verify your details then the sender will have access to you Bank details and can withdraw money from your account.

Be warned DO NOTHING except to delete it.

@Anonymous wrote:

The email that many people had came from an idiot in Italy. The actual email address was test@sipav.org

If you click on the link to verify your details then the sender will have access to you Bank details and can withdraw money from your account.

Be warned DO NOTHING except to delete it.

Hi @Anonymous  Yes the originator from Italy was identified by another member @Beenherebefore  on another Scam thread yesterday.  It doesn't hurt to get the message out as much as possible though. Thanks for your heads up..Smiley Wink

*The Game Is On*

Former Staff

Hi all,

We are looking into the issue and thanks so much for letting us know if you were affected. If/when I get any info to report back with I shall do so. In the meantime, if you have not already, please follow the instructions in the below page for how to report any suspicious communications you receive to O2.

http://news.o2.co.uk/2014/05/29/phishing-alert-may-2014/

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.