Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam Caller

Kmcg1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

0344 809 0202 - scam call saying they were calling from O2, asked them to remove my details as I haven’t been a customer of O2 for about 10 years. Said he had my house address, email everything. He said he couldn’t delete my info and that he had thousands of customers. I asked why he was calling & said he had planted a bomb in my house & that he was calling from Afghan. He turned really nasty & said as soon as i open my front door i’ll blow up.

these need to stop.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122808 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Kmcg1 
 0344 809 0202 is a real number for O2.

However, O2 advice here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/phishing-and-smishing-advice

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Absolutely disgusting and awful thing he said to you. I am going to report this to our managers for them to take the appropriate action.

@Martin-O2 @RafaC @lewys-gp can you deal with this please?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Kmcg1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’d be happy for someone to get in touch with me on this. Its the third call I’ve had from this number this week & asked for my details to be removed ASAP, which obviously hasn’t been done.

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122808 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Kmcg1 
One of our managers will be in touch on Monday. They will need some info via Private Message.

No one will call you or be in touch until then. Be patient please.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Kmcg1 If your number is in the hands of fraudsters there's not much O2 could do about removing your details, particularly as you haven't been a customer for so long. If your number used to be with O2 and you ported it to another network, that's probably why they say they're calling from O2, and the number they're calling from has been spoofed.

What they said to you during the call should be considered a terror threat, and you should contact the police.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Cleoriff thanks for the tag.

@Kmcg1 I'll send you a private message to get more info about what happened.

Message 6 of 6