cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive just upgraded to a new Samsung S5 and i have just ahd a major accident with the handset. I dropped it crossing the road and i think it got run over by a vehicle wheel. i still have blue operating light but the screen is kaput.I cannot access the phone as the screen was pin coded. Am i covered under pay monthly contract for repairs or replacement

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unless you have O2 insurance or home contents cover or a bank account that provides cover for accidental damage the answer is No 😞

You can send it off via O2 repairs and they'll come back to you with a costing if it's repairable but be ready for a possible high bill if it's been run over.
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
No the warranty doesn't cover user caused damage as bob says make sure you don't have insurance with bank etc to be honest I doubt O2 will repair it I would think it will need a replacement which is going to cost a lot
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

I doubt it's worth repairing if it's been run over.
Without any insurance you'll be looking at buying a new one to continue to use your sim card in I'm afraid.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4