Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridiculous insurance claim

SomberParsley
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Two weeks ago I claimed on my phone insurance.
Tuesday they picked up the phone and Friday they told me the claim had been accepted and an as new refurb replacement would reach me on Monday.
That one turned out to have some screen damage and a broken fingerprint scanner.
I called them, they were apologetic and told me they would arrange a doorstep swap.
Tuesday they swapped it, screen and fingerprint scanner worked fine so I did a full restore of my backup. Six hours of downloading stuff later I go to plug it in to charge and discover the charging port was broken. Too late to call that day so I called them Wednesday to tell them and they apologised again and told me I would get another doorstep swap on Thursday.
Only, they didn't book it.
So today, doorstep swap number three. I open the box and think hey, that's not the same phone.. I cba to moan anymore so as long as it's ok, whatever. Assumed they had possibly exhausted their stuck of the z5 compact.
As I am setting it up, it starts to ring.
"Hey, so we heard you are having issues with your replacements, let me check on this."
Me: well, a replacement actually literally just arrived. But it's not the same phone, what is it?
Him: are you sure its not just a different colour?
Dude, no. I am sure I can tell a compact phone from a normal sized one. I assumed it's a standard z5.
Oh yes, looks like we sent you the wrong one, we will have to swap it again on Monday but if you want to use it until then, that's fine.

2 weeks. 2. And this is what I pay 12.50 a month for and a £60 excess.
My insurance document weren't even explicit about the fact that claim would be handled by brightstar,it's all Telefónica this, Telefónica that, the only time the name brightstar appears is in section 14 about serving notice.

I have a high tolerance for this sort of think but i'm losing my will here.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @SomberParsley

I think you have every reason to put in a complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I certainly would. You have been messed about far too much slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @SomberParsley

I think you have every reason to put in a complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I certainly would. You have been messed about far too much slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Tell them you want to keep the full size one!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

SomberParsley
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I asked them if I could as I was completely fed up and they said no, they can't do that even though the specs are basically the same.
I mean, the full sized one won't fit my beloved case and I chose the compact when I took out the contacts in 2016 because it had somewhat better reviews than the big one, and I have tiny bendy hands.. The only reason I even claimed a month before the end of my contract instead of upgrading was because I love that phone and didn't want a change.
Then they told me they didn't have the yellow one in stock, so I had to make do with a black one and it all want downhill from there.
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You are entitled to tell them you'll wait for your exact phone to be sourced and that you'll use what they gave you until then.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@SomberParsley Sounds like an absolute nightmare. When the time comes for you to renew your insurance with O2, don't. Most homeowner's policies cover mobiles these days, as do many banks. O2 Insurance's reputation isn't really up to much. We see problems posted in this community all the time. I'm sure you can find a better policy elsewhere, and probably for less than what O2 charge. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 Insure, don't you just love it? Outsourced like everything else of course and like everything else it has more than it's share of problems. There are better and cheaper options but to be fair, we only ever hear of problems on here and I'm sure they have many happy satisfied buyers. But for me? No thank you.

Message 7 of 7