Did you mean: 

Returning device: 14 day period

georgie-cat
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help share their experience here. I've decided to return my phone for a different one. On the 13th day of the 'change your mind' period, I requested a return. This request was accepted, and I will be receiving my jiffy bag soon. I'll likely only be able to return the phone this Wednesday, and then I'm aware it may take seven days for it to be marked as returned. 

While I wait for it to be marked as returned, can I order a different phone in the meanwhile, or is it best to wait? Has anyone ever done this, and if so, what happened? I want to order a different device now instead of waiting for the previous device to be marked as returned. The reason for this is because the different device/contract is on sale and seems a better deal than the previous device/contract I had.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11577 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@georgie-cat 

You can try but you will be subject to another hard credit check, and it is all dependent on whether o2 will accept you.  

All you can do is try, rather than doing it online, it would be better to call the sales team on 0800 081 0255

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11577 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@georgie-cat 

You can try but you will be subject to another hard credit check, and it is all dependent on whether o2 will accept you.  

All you can do is try, rather than doing it online, it would be better to call the sales team on 0800 081 0255

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149371 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@georgie-cat 

Another credit check so soon after will almost guarantee a refusal with O2.

We always advise waiting at least a month.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 8

georgie-cat
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for raising this! Just to clarify that I was approved after the first credit check and that there were no issues there. Is this not taken into account when returning the original first phone and getting different one?

Message 4 of 8

georgie-cat
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for suggesting this! May I ask why it’s better to do it through sales rather than online? 

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 149371 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@georgie-cat 

It's all down to what the computer says.

No one can change or influence that so makes no difference how you try.

We just know from experience that many customers have been refused for doing multiple credit checks close together.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 8

georgie-cat
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Great, thanks for letting me know. Regarding waiting a month before ordering a new phone, is that a month from your last credit check or from when you got the first phone? My credit check was in early-June so it’s nearly been a month — luckily! 

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 149371 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

A month between credit checks @georgie-cat 

Message 8 of 8