1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @SJP1 

You don't say either what phone you are using or how 'old' the old deleted text messages are. But, as far as I'm aware, unless the text messages were backed up prior to deletion they can't be retrieved once deleted as they are not saved on the O2 servers.

There are free apps that supposedly retrieve deleted texts in the Google Play Store and the App Store for IOS, I believe. But as I back up my phone regularly, I've personally never used them so can't recommend any. Also, I tend to use Whatsapp for messaging rather than SMS as emojis, pictures and video can be included in a message for free.

Our more technical members on the forum may have some suggestions when they come on later in the morning.

Sorry not to be of more help but welcome to the forum Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @SJP1 

You don't say either what phone you are using or how 'old' the old deleted text messages are. But, as far as I'm aware, unless the text messages were backed up prior to deletion they can't be retrieved once deleted as they are not saved on the O2 servers.

There are free apps that supposedly retrieve deleted texts in the Google Play Store and the App Store for IOS, I believe. But as I back up my phone regularly, I've personally never used them so can't recommend any. Also, I tend to use Whatsapp for messaging rather than SMS as emojis, pictures and video can be included in a message for free.

Our more technical members on the forum may have some suggestions when they come on later in the morning.

Sorry not to be of more help but welcome to the forum Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 4

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @SJP1, and welcome to the forum sun

There's some good info above alreayd, but if you give us a bit more information around your device and your situation, we might be able to help further as well so please do drop in when you have a minute slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35049 Posts
  • 221 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

If you are an Android user @SJP1, @ Google Play Store offers this, which backs up SMS messages sent and received into a label in your Gmail:

Screenshot_20190619-204302__01.jpg

Won't help you restore anything deleted before you installed and configured the app, tho. flushed

Message 4 of 4