cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting eSim has disconnected my service!

Himesh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Requested an eSim through My O2 to find that my service was disconnected immediately.

Have been told that I would receive an eSim pack in the next 3 days. That’s 3 days with no service! I can see an option on My O2 to download my eSim, but I get asked to enter a code that has been texted to me - on my disconnected number.

What a shambles. I work in software engineering and an issue of this sort would cause people to lose their jobs. This is completely unacceptable on O2’s part, they’ve known this issue exists yet the continue to allow paying customers to fall into this trap!

I’ll be switching to another network as soon as I can. Disgraceful.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144825 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

Someone probably got a big bonus for coming up with that idea.

Total numpties.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10259 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@Himesh 

I would always recommend for going to a shop for eSim packs, as that way it can be done either there and then or in your own time.. 

It does seem strange that o2 now disconnect the sim card, when ordering and not just eSims. but regular sims and there must be a reason.. and one only a developer and a manager will know... And I have a feeling its a developer who has put a wrong flag in somewhere... probably a 1 instead of a 0... and its not been QA'd or OAT'd properly...

Although to be fair, I did have the same issue with EE 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144825 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

Such as easy mistake to make and seemingly impossible to correct!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Himesh
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anyone know whether I will be able to use the eSim once I receive it in the post?

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 144825 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@Himesh 

You'll need to call O2 to activate it I guess as you won't be able to action a sim swap yourself.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Himesh
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. 

@Anonymous @O2Emma  are you able to clarify?

Message 8 of 11

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6730 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Himesh 

You'll need to call O2 to activate it I guess as you won't be able to action a sim swap yourself.

When I got my eSIM via My O2 there was no need to call O2 to activate.

If you have to call O2 when Virgin comes on board, it's going to get busy as there are quite a few on their forum who want eSIM swaps but are being denied at the moment

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Himesh will private message you

Message 10 of 11