Did you mean: 

Reporting Fraud

gamer123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear All,

I would appreciate if somone could kindly advise where and how you can report a matter of fraud to O2?

Many thanks

Shaz

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@gamer123 

O2 advice here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/fraud-and-phishing-advice

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@gamer123 There's also this link which may be related to your issue:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 8

gamer123
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks guys for your advice and the links
It has to do with identity fraud - could I kindly ask is there a direct contact in the community from O2 who could pass on our concerns

Thanks

Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gamer123If it's Identity fraud which is extremely serious, your only real chance of clearing this up is following the advice already given in @MI5's post..

Some people will contact the police and citizens advice bureau who will always refer you back to O2, if it's theft of your name for account issues.

However, rather than complain I will see if our community managers can help in this instance @Martin-O2 @Marjo?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

gamer123
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much Cleoriff, I did infact see Marjo's name mentioned in a similarly titled post from a few years back, where he responded to get further info. It would be very much appreciated if one of the managers could make contact, I want to pass on the particulars. 

I have infact yesterday got through to someone on customer services, but it was not clear to me, just being honest if the seriousness of the situation was appreciated and would indeed be passed on. As I am not officially an O2 customer it does not help, but what I have to convey and advise is as you have highlighted very important.

Message 6 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@gamer123 If it's that serious, any information you have should also be reported directly to the police:

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 8

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @gamer123 and thanks for the tag @Cleoriff

Good information above regarding the fraud information page @MI5 linked to. Thanks everyone else for offering additional troubleshooting as well in case the issue had been about something else.

In these cases the best thing to do as per the advice above is to indeed contact customer service asap and report to them any suspected fraud activity. You mentioned you've done this already? Happy to check for you just in case - I'll drop you a PM here on the forum shortly and we'll get it looked at. 

Message 8 of 8