cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace broken phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have broken my phone which will cost me quite a substantial amount to get fixed.  Am I able to buy out my contract which doesn't finish until July.   I would be staying with O2 and would want to upgrade my phone.

thanks, WF

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions
Hi Wf.

You can buy out your contract, typically it will cost you up to your monthly line rental cost multiplied by how many months you have remaining on your minimum term.

Strictly speaking you should not be permitted to upgrade your current number after doing such a buyout -but to clarify you are best speaking to customer services.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions
Hi Wf.

You can buy out your contract, typically it will cost you up to your monthly line rental cost multiplied by how many months you have remaining on your minimum term.

Strictly speaking you should not be permitted to upgrade your current number after doing such a buyout -but to clarify you are best speaking to customer services.

Hope this helps.
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Another option would be to buy the phone of your choice and carry on with your present contract by inserting the sim.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

How much would it cost to replace a broken sony xperia z 11 months into the contract and is it the same cost as if it was lost or stolen because i don't want to send it off to the manufacturers that takes way too long.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you want to retain warranty on your phone (2 years standard) you must take it into a Sony approved repairers or send it in to O2.
They will quote you for the repair before starting any work.
There are places you can get it done for around £40 but your warranty would be voided as it was repaired by a non authorised outlet.
If you have insurance (with accidental damage cover) it will just cost you your policy excess.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5