cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reliability of Lumias?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Nokia Lumia 800 for just under 2 years and i have had to send it in for repair 4 times now for 4 different reasons

• Firstly for signal problems
  • Secondly for charging problems
  • Thirdly for proximity senser problems
  • and the latest problem with the screen not working whilst i'm on a call so i can't hang up unless the other person hangs up which causes a problem with voicemails

I just wanted to ask if anybody else is having to send their phones in for repair continously and why?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Unfortunately things go wrong and you seem to have been hit with more than most.

Try to take into account the thousands who have not had issues ,but don't log on to say so. slight_smile

Hsve you tried a soft reset which is to turn the phone off and battery pull if applicable ,or as a last resort a hard reset ?

http://www.hard-reset.com/nokia-lumia-800-hard-reset.html

Make a back up as a hard reset can delete saved data.

If you've been using O2 repairs then perhaps it's time to approach a Nokia Care Point for assistance.

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/care-point/
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
No phone is usually that unreliable so you've just been unlucky, but it sounds like you had each repair done successfully though ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I would have got fed up after the second time you must have patience
Message 4 of 6

MCG90
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had the lumia 800 for nearly two years now. I sent it back because of the proxy sensor problem last May and it was fixed under warranty, however the problem arised again. This time i found if you held the screen down next to the sensor you could get it to work. However after a few months of living with this problem the screen started to raise up from where its supposed to sit, i didnt think much of it because the pone still work. Last week the screen went funny, it went unresponsive, then gave me a light display and went completely black. After a while it started vibrating on my table and then came to life again, but after about 10 mins of it working it died again. I took it into the o2 store and they were very suspicious about it and kept on asking if i had dropped it or damaged it, was not very impressed being in the firing line when its a known problem with this phone. Got it sent off and awaiting its return, however i am expecting ill just get a completely new phone.

Dont think i will be getting the new lumia....

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I'm sorry to hear of your not such a good experience with your phone.

I personally would have approached a Carphone Warehouse with a registered Nokia Care Centre in it.

O2 typically replace the phone if it's sent off x3 times for the same fault.

Let us know how up you get on.
Message 6 of 6