Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relative scammed by o2 Beware

Notahappychappy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So my elderly relative had an issue with his trusty Sony Ericson T280i phone and could not top it up. They now own an Alcatel with a £10 add on and best of all  a 24 Month £10+VAT Business contract.

Who is the mastermind behind this scam you may ask.

It is of course a franchised o2 store. Who would have thought going into an o2 store could lead to so much trouble. After spending time ringing the o2 business team (pass the buck department) They said they would need to go to the store and cancel there, they would not help at all apart to point out the £10 would include VAT, not bad when you have never had a business. There must be a reason why they put him on a business contract reather than a personal one?

With everything going on with Scams at the moment i thought o2 business would have at least taken this seriously. In fact i had to push them for details on taking this further, they just were not interested at all

As it is we now have to revisit the store and get them to cancel the contract and get the number ported back to PAYG o2. This is going to be fun but it won't be the last on the matter i can tell you know. 

I am just posting this as a warning that not all Scams come from Abroad so please check people as i am sure they are not the only ones that have had this done to them.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Notahappychappy I willl tag one of the O2 online account advisors who will be on tomorrow morning at 8 am. They will then send you a private message through this site, and hopefully help you resolve this.

@O2Lisa can you please assist?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

Notahappychappy
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you we will hang fire visitng he store tomorrow then. He only signed up on the 15th so we are within the 14 days at the moment

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unfortunately there's no cooling off period on business contracts.
You may well need to go through complaints as a case of mis selling if our account advisors can't help you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Notahappychappy
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thats not the information i received when i rang business customer support this afternoon. This is just getting worse now, was i told that just to get me off the line or do the support staff not know what they are doing and in this case there was no script they could follow. He did querey the Business part which the store told him don't worry about that. He is 90 by the way and worried it is his own fault this has happened.

I wonder if this is why then they pushed him onto a business contract rather than the personal one?

Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Notahappychappy wrote:

Thank you we will hang fire visitng he store tomorrow then. He only signed up on the 15th so we are within the 14 days at the moment

The big problem being of course, is that business contracts come with their own set of terms and conditions and customer rights

One of which I believe is that there is no 14 day change of mind period

Totally underhanded and shady practice by the store in question

Good luck @Notahappychappy and I hope you can get this resolved to your complete satisfaction

For me, O2 are complicit in these immoral actions

Message 6 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
He's been well and truly conned by some immoral staff member trying to hit sales targets.
Wait for help from our account advisor but if they can't help I'd suggest help from citizens advice and a complaint to O2.
If that doesn't get a resolution, you can go to the ombudsman with a complaint.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Bambino.

Sorry to hear this @Notahappychappy, I'll message you privately and look in to this for you

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8