Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Texts 'incar'

Enduser
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a Samsung S6 on a monthly contract.

My car has 'Ford Sync one' which enables full hands free mobile phone capability it also has an option to read and send texts but it says that there are no texts on my phone which is not true.

I believe that this service is provider dependent so my question is how do I enable this

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144301 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I believe it's actually just a simple bluetooth connection and nothing carrier dependant.
As sync one is fairly old now, you may need an update to the car to enable features on your phone to be compatible.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Enduser
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the extremely quick reply.

I know that there is a Sync 2 now but I have full bluetooth capability with my phone, and in the cars phone menu the text option is there, but says that there are no texts.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144301 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Worth checking with your dealer just in case there's an update available.
Sync 3 is now out too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4