Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS support

Mr-Elly-Font
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

With more and more providers starting to roll out RCS across the world. I'm just wondering if O2 have announced if they will be rolin it out across the uk any time soon.

Message 1 of 86
85 REPLIES 85

G-man1
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
On Friday,I noticed that chat features was available in Google messages. Now today (Monday) it's unavailable. What's happening O2?
Message 81 of 86

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @G-man1, we posted some info around this on Friday here :)Hope it helps!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 82 of 86

Kuribo
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

EDIT - Read Emelies link above for o2's own info.

This is not o2 switching anything on. Google is using their own servers to enable RCS features as long as you use Google's Messages app, they have said once the network updates to support it natively they will hand back over. There's lots of articles about it but this one from XDA is quite good at explaining it - https://www.xda-developers.com/google-android-rcs-support-uk-france/

So don't blame o2 if it showed up and then didn't or if anything went wrong with it, this is nothing to do with o2, this is Google, I personally have had no problems whatsoever, the feature showed for me, took around ten minutes to verify my number, and has worked ever since, my best friend is on Vodafone and it works sending to her as "chat" instead of SMS tells me when she's typing if she's read my messages etc and any "chat" messages are in a darker blue bubble than the SMS ones.

Message 83 of 86

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m reading that there’s a way to switch RCS on with a few presses here and there.. And it’s going on general release before the end of the year...

Quite excited, might mean I can dump Apple!!

Message 84 of 86

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Currently in use on O2 with my One Plus 6 which includes SMS over WiFi.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 85 of 86

terminusaquo
  • 24 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I know this is an old topic but I have now noticed that where Google Messages used to say Chat features provide by Jibe Mobile it now says Chat features are provided by your mobile operator.

Screenshot_20220204-194814~2.png

Message 86 of 86