Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS support

Mr-Elly-Font
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

With more and more providers starting to roll out RCS across the world. I'm just wondering if O2 have announced if they will be rolin it out across the uk any time soon.

Message 1 of 86
85 REPLIES 85

Matt0801
Level 3: Thinker
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well, I just quit o2 and started with Vodafone. Just accessed Android Messages to find lots of my contacts are with Vodafone and have Android Messages activated with RCS support already. Great stuff.
Google Pixel 3 XL, Android Q beta 4
Message 41 of 86

Mr-Elly-Font
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

yeah shame they were announced worst network this week just not like the idea of jumping to a network just for rcs when they have that around their head https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/apr/24/vodafone-named-uks-worst-mobile-phone-provider-by-w...

Message 42 of 86

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It'll most likely reach all networks once google bakes this into the stock messaging app.
Seriously, who would want to be the only network NOT offering RCS based communication
Message 43 of 86

Matt0801
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It is already fully baked into the default (stock) SMS app and has been for a year or two.
Message 44 of 86

GoatyMcGoat
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What survey was that? How can vote o2 down?

Message 45 of 86

Matt0801
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think it was the one done by Which? but could be wrong. That said, I've found them (Vodafone) very helpful and friendly and the network coverage is much better than I believed so thus far, I'm more than happy. I even got a year if NowTV for free and all I wanted was RCS.

Message 46 of 86

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 47 of 86

terminusaquo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 24 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think it's time to keep pestering O2 until they decide otherwise, I really cannot believe that they are perfectly fine with being the ONLY UK mobile network to NOT support RCS Universal Profile, all they have to do is enable it at their end and then all phones that support RCS can use it regardless.

Message 48 of 86

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@terminusaquo wrote:

I think it's time to keep pestering O2 until they decide otherwise, I really cannot believe that they are perfectly fine with being the ONLY UK mobile network to NOT support RCS Universal Profile, all they have to do is enable it at their end and then all phones that support RCS can use it regardless.

I'm sure that if it was that simple, they would have done it by now Smiley Frustrated

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 49 of 86

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

O2 are usually last at adopting new tech unless the manufacturers stipulate it’s usage

so pestering the manufacturer may have more responses 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 50 of 86