Did you mean: 

Problem with O2 insurance claim

warmbell
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 21 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi,

My 64Gb iPhone 6 has developed an intermittent audio fault. about 5 to 8 weeks it will suddenly loose audio, no music, no ringing, no alarm, even if i put in on loudspeaker. I sent in a claim and the phone was collected on the 29th August. I received an email from O2 saying they had received the phone. The phone was returned today (6th) saying the claim was unsuccesful as they could not find a fault. I had enclosed a letter explaining that the fault could take weeks to appear and that the phone is an emergency lifeline for family members to contact me. When it goes faulty and someone tries to contact me I have no way of knowing they have tried and so the fear the worst.

Anyone else had this kind of problem?

Gerald

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Best of luck then @warmbell ...let's hope it get's sorted this time. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 17

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Great to hear @warmbell thanks for giving us an update. slight_smile

Message 12 of 17

warmbell
  • 21 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi Marjo,

I had a call from O2 insurance today saying that they had received an email saying I was unhappy with the O2 insurance service. I explained to them what had happened and that I had been in touch with  Apple Tech advice who said that they had come accross that fault before and it could be a connector fault or the audio chip going faulty. They have now decided to replace the phone. Thank you if the email to them was from you.

Regards,

Gerald

Message 13 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

That's great news @warmbell. Brilliant outcome wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 17

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

That's great. You won't now be waiting for the issue to re-occur, a replacement gives you peace of mind

Message 15 of 17

warmbell
  • 21 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi all,

Received package today from O2 via DPD. Definately a replacement as my original had an Immobilize sticker on. Same colourand capacity. Just in the process of setting up and restoring the backup. Once again thanks for all your help. I have been told that I cannot take out any more insurance with O2 fr this phone as it is now to old, have to upgrade, 9non't see the need at the moment) or find a third party insurance vendor.

Thanks,

Gerald

Message 16 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Pleased it's sorted @warmbell thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 17