Did you mean: 

Problem with O2 insurance claim

warmbell
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 21 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi,

My 64Gb iPhone 6 has developed an intermittent audio fault. about 5 to 8 weeks it will suddenly loose audio, no music, no ringing, no alarm, even if i put in on loudspeaker. I sent in a claim and the phone was collected on the 29th August. I received an email from O2 saying they had received the phone. The phone was returned today (6th) saying the claim was unsuccesful as they could not find a fault. I had enclosed a letter explaining that the fault could take weeks to appear and that the phone is an emergency lifeline for family members to contact me. When it goes faulty and someone tries to contact me I have no way of knowing they have tried and so the fear the worst.

Anyone else had this kind of problem?

Gerald

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

warmbell
  • 21 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi Marjo,

I had a call from O2 insurance today saying that they had received an email saying I was unhappy with the O2 insurance service. I explained to them what had happened and that I had been in touch with  Apple Tech advice who said that they had come accross that fault before and it could be a connector fault or the audio chip going faulty. They have now decided to replace the phone. Thank you if the email to them was from you.

Regards,

Gerald

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@warmbell You maybe better off upgrading to a newer phone or maybe @EmilieT or @Marjo our community admin could help 

Message 2 of 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions
@warmbell Have you taken the phone in to Apple to ask them to take a look at the phone for you? I'm not 100% certain about this, but if Apple finds the fault, maybe you can then claim on your insurance? As your current claim has been rejected, you have nothing to lose.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:
@warmbellHave you taken the phone in to Apple to ask them to take a look at the phone for you? I'm not 100% certain about this, but if Apple finds the fault, maybe you can then claim on your insurance? As your current claim has been rejected, you have nothing to lose.

I would support @Bambino's suggestion of taking it directly to Apple. If anyone can diagnose the fault it will be them. I'm not sure when you bought the phone but if it was was within the last 12 months the repair wont cost a thing. If it's out of guarantee at least Apple will give you a cost before they repair it.

It will certainly be cheaper than buying a new phone @warmbell

Best of luck wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 17

warmbell
  • 21 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks for your replies,
As myself and my wife have limited mobility and no relatives living close enough, taking the phone to Apple is not a real possibility. I have been paying for insurance for nearly five years and now I really need it I am having problems. I had a 5s prior to this phone and the 6 was an upgrade from that. The upgrades seem to be costing a lot more per month than I really want to pay, and when I am in the hospital a PAYG sim would soon eat up the balance.
Message 5 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @warmbell

If you can't make the trip then a call to Apple may well help.

Their after sales service is excellent. https://support.apple.com/en-gb

They may be able to give you help over the phone or ask you to send it to them if you can't make the journey. It's worth a try...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 17

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
They can do online diagnosis of you use the apple support app off the app store.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 17

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @warmbell sorry to hear about your phone. I can see there are already some suggestions above from our members on possible next steps you could try, but I've just sent you a PM as well just to see if I can get any additional info for you on our end too. slight_smile

Cheers for the tag and the suggestions @Anonymous, @Bambino@Cleoriff@MI5!

Message 8 of 17

warmbell
  • 21 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for all the replies,

It has been collected again at about 4PMunder a new claim. I have included a very long note with it wrapped around the phone. I also spoke again to someone on the insurce team and they have upped it to rheir management. Lets see what happens this time.

Regards,

Gerald

Message 9 of 17

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 10 of 17