Did you mean: 

Problem loading game (Duel Links)

Karateka95
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

To preface, I have already contacted the developer of Duel Links, Konami, and after responding to my query they determined there is no problem on their side. They have advised me to ask my network provider.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had the same problem as me? Duel Links doesn't load the main menu when on mobile data but will on my BT WiFi. I can do everything in the game on data after the main menu.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with Duel Links or any other game? Again, Konami told me to seek answers elsewhere as they said they didn't detect any issues. I've tried all the steps they advised me, of course. See email below.

I've also asked the game community and they think a firewall could be in place but are not sure.

Screenshot_20220201-130742.png

Thanks,

Karateka

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Karateka95 

It could be the way Mobile Data is routed and the fact it is NAT'd on the network. 

But surely Konami have seen this issue before

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 8

Karateka95
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I would have expected Konami to have seen this issue before as well.

So is there a setting I can change with regards to my data connection or maybe I have to contact O2 directly? I definitely made sure my data connection was stable and it performed well for every game/app/website I tested on except for Duel Links.

I insisted there was a problem with the way their game loaded, but that screenshot I attached was part of their last email to me.

Message 3 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

o2 wont change the way they route traffic as it is at network traffic, and the fact that NAT (Network Address Translation) will be done on the internet breakout for o2

There isn't really a change you can make. 

Not sure what phone you have but if on an iPhone and have an icloud subscription then you could try using private relay.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 8

Spenny
Level 16: Talkative
  • 340 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Hi @Karateka95 shot in the dark here as you may have already tried.  Have you tried a different phone (friends) that is also on O2.  You know, i'll be your friend, while I am sitting here waiting for some emails back from work, lets give it a shot.  Installed from play store.

I can tell you that it works over my wifi straight, away but over data it is hanging around with that yellow whirling circle.

If you start on Wifi and then stop wifi (moving to network data) the game continues to run.  So something preventing it in the loader routine.

Check with a friend on another network.  If does not work for them then go back to Konami and ask them to see if any issues with their loader - if they will let you challenge them like that 😁 otherwise call on Blue Eyes White Dragon to battle them.....

Phone: Motorola G100, 128GB, Android 12, SIMO 20Gb
Broadband: Virgin 350Mb, Tp-Link Router - Deco S4
-----------------------------------------------------------------
We are a community of customers and cannot access your account.
To contact O2 click here for O2 Social Media Links
Message 5 of 8

Karateka95
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the prompt replies! It's a Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact, Android 10. At least I know I won't have to mess with anything to do with NAT lol, so that's something at least slight_smile

Message 6 of 8

Karateka95
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sounds like you've seen the issue first-hand because you've described exactly what I'm experiencing! I'll ask my friend who I think is on a different network. Hopefully that will shed some light on the matter.

Having to load the game before leaving the house is a real bother and defeats the whole point of it being a mobile game. Sometimes it'll close itself while the screen is locked, meaning I'm unable to load it again.

If it isn't a network problem then I will definitely ask Konami to look into issues with the loader.

Hit them with Blue-Eyes? Will do! lmao 😂

Message 7 of 8

David182
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have the same problem, could you solve it?

Message 8 of 8