Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium Numbers

Barrie2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
  • Why is the British Transport Police 61016 classed as a Premium Rate number? It is offered by them as a key number to contact them in case of an emergency when immediate help is required. 
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10168 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3010 Solutions

@Barrie2 

Because BTP have set it up that way as its for you to contact them with NON EMERGENCY issues

As per their website https://www.btp.police.uk/police-forces/british-transport-police/areas/campaigns/How-to-use-our-text...

They specifically call out not using it in an emergency , its exactly the same as 101

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10168 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3010 Solutions

@Barrie2 

Because BTP have set it up that way as its for you to contact them with NON EMERGENCY issues

As per their website https://www.btp.police.uk/police-forces/british-transport-police/areas/campaigns/How-to-use-our-text...

They specifically call out not using it in an emergency , its exactly the same as 101

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144322 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

999 is free to call any emergency service.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't think of a reason to phone the British Transport Police unless it's an actual emergency.

Message 4 of 4