cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible good news for Bridport followed by poor service

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are poorly served here in Bridport DT6 Dorset. Since May 2015 O2 has been actively throttling bandwidth in the area: providing a reduced service as a response to the closure of EE in the area and Vodafone service problems and the additional customers that migrated to O2. The open fault and admission of the above I have documented, along with a the litany of unfulfilled promises and lack of service, some of which I have documented on this Community site, and I felt that it was now time to steel myself for the proces of complaining and seeking compensation. I spent hours not getting anything done before but with my contact up for renewal soon and Vodafone probably upgrading at the same time I thought now was the time, especially as the guy from Tech Services agreed to put me straight through to someone and explain all the problems. That was going well and the person I spoke to was nice but it was clear early on that the £10 he was authorised to give would not be sufficient, so I asked for his manager. He was not available but would call me back immediately he had finished the call he was on. Cynic that I am I asked for a direct contact number to get back to should i not get a call in 20-30 minutes. He gave me his extension and told me that anyone on CS could transfer the call back to him. All good I thought. He even said he would check that his manager had done it. Well of course I did not hear back and rang CS after 50 minutes or so. I have been on that call now for 1 hour 28 minutes and counting. The last 35 minutesor more i have been listening to bad music, distorted, waiting without comeback from the manager, Mohammed, who I asked to escalate the call. So O2, nothing has changed has it?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

This is a customer to customer forum. You aren't speaking to O2 here. If you have a complaint, have you used this link? http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Do yourself a big favour and try some payandgo sims from otber networks. My brother in law lives that way and found that Three gave him the best coverage. 

Message 3 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here we go again! It is impossible to speak to anyone in Telefonica/O2 except through Customer Services!! They want me to follow "correct procedures" and email them. What about O2 following correct procedures and not leaving me on hold for over an hour on one phone and over 15 minutes on another!

Message 4 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can't email them unless you use the link provided by @Bambino

Message 5 of 25

Bambino
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

The link is to make a formal complaint, which is the route you need to take if you're unhappy about your service. If you do not follow that procedure, you will not be listened to at all. Your choice.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

And now the call I was holding on has dropped the call. O2 cut me off! That's par for the course! What is O2 hiding? Why is it wasting so much money trying to fend people off instead of providing them with a good service?

Message 7 of 25

Bambino
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Use the link provided, or as you are nearing the end of your contract, take the advice offered by @jonsie and try different Pay & Go sims. You are entitled to rant as much as you want to here, but it won't get you anywhere.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem is that O2 are the only service providers here that cover the two areas of town where I live and where I work

Message 9 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's nice, I have just been cut off by a manager at O2 in the middle of a sentence. Second time today!

Message 10 of 25