Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number not worked

NDC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My wife has been trying to transfer her number from Tesco mobile to O2 for the past 8 days with no success. She completed the online form last Thursday but due to bank holidays was told it wouldn't happen until the Tuesday,  on the Tuesday her tesco mobile account was closed and her number is now not recognised when you try to ring it.  She has phoned O2 several times and have been told it will take another 24 hours, it will be done by 6pm etc.  Last off they told her it had been blocked so they completed the form again over the ozone and advised it will be done in 24 hours, that time is up now and still no number.  She is travelling to America tonight with my children and has no phone is anybody able to help or advise urgently.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123813 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7490 Solutions

@NDC 

As she has already contacted O2, I'll tag one of our account advisors @O2Sarah- who is on from 8am. Hopefully Sarah will be able to sort this before your wife goes on her trip.

Look for a Private message from @O2Sarah- as she will need some account details. Envelope icon, top right of page.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
  • 123813 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7490 Solutions

@NDC 

As she has already contacted O2, I'll tag one of our account advisors @O2Sarah- who is on from 8am. Hopefully Sarah will be able to sort this before your wife goes on her trip.

Look for a Private message from @O2Sarah- as she will need some account details. Envelope icon, top right of page.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff 

@NDC I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 3 of 12

NDC
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

All details have been sent across by DM, appreciate any help you can provide.

Message 4 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123813 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7490 Solutions

Thanks @O2Sarah- 😉

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 12

Dougie1142
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Sarah- I’m also having this issue, can you possibly help my request as well? 

thanks

Message 6 of 12

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Dougie1142 Of course. I will send you a private message so we can get started 😊

Message 7 of 12

Tee_N
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I wish I had seen these issues. Would never have bothered trying to move across to O2. I am having the exact problem and having been trying since 27th April! 
I call customer service after 24hrs of waiting and go through the same script each time with the same assurances that everything would be fine this time around.

Nobody can resolve and in the meantime my number I’ve had for 10yrs+ is unavailable when people try to call me. Please please what can I do?! I’m stuck in a cycle with telephone customer support.

Message 8 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12202 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1135 Solutions

Let's see if the community advisors can help then @Tee_N .

Can you try and fix this mess please @O2Sarah- ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 12

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks again @gmarkj 

@Tee_N I will send you a private message so we can look into this.

Message 10 of 12