Did you mean: 

Porting number but no response

Tincanx
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I've tried last Thursday to port my wife's phone number to a O2 payg sim (I've not yet credited it, so I hope that doesn't delay it?). I filled the form in and got the website page saying the form was submitted. Since then I've had no emails or texts saying anything has been done about it.

Any ideas, should I have at least had a text saying form recieved?

Thanks for the the help, she is going away tomorrow and the number change over is urgent.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11416 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3155 Solutions

@Tincanx 

Think you may have filled in the wrong form, are you porting from another network, or migrating from Pay Monthly to PAYG

As if porting you dont need the sim number you need to give o2 the PAC Code, and if you submit it today, it wont port till Tuesday. 

If MIgrating the number, then you need the old number and new number

I would call o2 on 4445 as they can give you the correct process to follow, and get it all submitted

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38260 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) will help you do your first top-up, @Tincanx - and if port has worked, Guide: Migration & porting into O2 then you should be done. Worst case is the phone comes up with the number it was sent with, and 24hrs or so later, excluding weekends, after a few restarts of the phone, it should acquire the number you ported onto it from the old network. Any issues, you will need to call 4445 from it, or other numbers below. Good luck.

From a landline0344 8090222Standard UK rate
From abroad+44 7860 980 202Free†
Message 2 of 8

Tincanx
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks I've just topped up via the o2 app. It still shows the original payg sim phone number. Assume now have to wait? 

Message 3 of 8

Tincanx
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

One thing I did notice is when filling in rhe form it asked for the sim serial number but if I typed the whole sim serial number in (including the two 0) then the number is too long. I assumed therefore to use the serial number minus two zeros?

Message 4 of 8

madasaf1sh
  • 11416 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3155 Solutions

@Tincanx 

Think you may have filled in the wrong form, are you porting from another network, or migrating from Pay Monthly to PAYG

As if porting you dont need the sim number you need to give o2 the PAC Code, and if you submit it today, it wont port till Tuesday. 

If MIgrating the number, then you need the old number and new number

I would call o2 on 4445 as they can give you the correct process to follow, and get it all submitted

--
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
Message 5 of 8

Tincanx
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Thanks, I'm porting from 3 to o2. I used the form that said to use if porting from another provider in to o2.

Message 6 of 8

Tincanx
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Double checked and the form is correct according to o2 website and it does ask for the serial number of the new payg sim as well as the two numbers.

Message 7 of 8

madasaf1sh
  • 11416 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3155 Solutions

As I said, you might be best contacting o2, on 4445, as the forms aren't 100% reliable.. @Tincanx 

Just noticed the new form asks for the Sim Number..

--
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
Message 8 of 8