cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Customer Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been trying for over 2 weeks to renew a contract and upgrade my phome.

Do O2 really think its ok to continually expect customers to wait in excess of 30 minutes to talk to someone?

I've had it - you've lost another long term customer.

Vodaphone and EE actually answer their calls.

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Have you tried the upgrade option in MyO2?

http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 42

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Hi there,

Sorry it seems to be an ongoing problem that getting through to cs is taking much longer than it should.

The best advice atm is to call early in the morning 08:30 is usually the least busy time.

If you've not already left O2 then calling first thing is the least frustrating.
Message 3 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried first thing, I've tried last thing, I've tried every thing in between.

However you look at it the Customer service is poor.

I only want to upgrade (and remain a customer for another 2 years), I'd hate to think how I'd get to talk to someone if I had an account problem.
Message 4 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I've tried first thing, I've tried last thing, I've tried every thing in between.

However you look at it the Customer service is poor.

I only want to upgrade (and remain a customer for another 2 years), I'd hate to think how I'd get to talk to someone if I had an account problem.

But have you actually tried to upgrade through MYO2 as per my link above? There is the option to do that...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 42

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Hi again,

Yes it's been documented here numerous times that it's getting more and more difficult to get through to customer services.

Have you the opportunity to pop into a store.? Or even do it online like cleoriff advised?

I'm just another customer like you, and I've always managed to get through to cs early in the morning without much hassle.

Really hope you manage to upgrade though, it must be very frustrating.
Message 6 of 42

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

See here...

Capture.Upgrade.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had the same problem as a business customer. I can only draw the conclusion that O2 don't want my business so I've decided to look for someone that does.

I bet if you phoned the retention team and asked for a PAC code the reaction would be different.
Message 8 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it really so wrong to want to talk to a member of the Customer Service team?

I'm a customer - they're there to talk to me.

I'll sort out a new phone with an alternative supplier then request a PAC code.

Message 9 of 42

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

The choice to move is certainly yours, but you should consider what your signal and coverage with another provider would be as compared to what you have now. That should always be the prime concern. O2 Customer Service always seems to get overwhelmed when a new iPhone launches. It's been in decline recently anyway, but it's even worse this time of year.

Before you move, try what @Cleoriff has suggested using the link provided above. You may be able to upgrade without having to speak to anyone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 42