Did you mean: 

Phone Suddenly OOS

Boxie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I bought a phone on the 18th from the O2 website.
It was a Samsung Galaxy A21s something or other. On the site, it said the phone was currently in stock and would be guaranteed next-day delivery.
Great! Perfect, just what I need because my old mobile is experiencing technical issues regarding internal storage and getting very slow (nothing is ever stored on the phone itself, it's all on the SD card. It's filling itself up with old updates and won't let me delete much of it).
So I paid for the phone, £175 or in that range and the payment went through fine.

Half an hour after the purchase, I get an e-mail...
"Sorry to bring bad news, your order is out of stock."

It was listed in-stock when I purchased and guaranteed next-day delivery, I need a new phone and I chose O2 because I've been on their network for years and thought it reliable. It was a no-brainer, this was the choice.

The £175~ has been paid to O2 and I've not received any update since the 18th on the stock or when I might expect to get the product I have paid for.

My questions to them on Twitter have been dodged twice, though I do see older and newer tweets to them getting answered generally within 24hours and some within 1hour. 
I can't track the order since it's not been dispatched yet and there is no 'purchase history' which I think is rather odd to not catalogue orders particularly when money has already been exchanged.

Is there anything I can do to get some update at all? Three days with nothing to show with a false 'in-stock' and delivery guarantee is frankly quite stressful.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Boxie 

Standard unethical practice for O2 unfortunately.

You'll need to call customer service for updates.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2