Did you mean: 

Phishing- . Phished what precautions can one take

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi

Much to my annoyance , with defences down , I opened a phishing email and took part in a ''vote'' for a travel insurance co I use. It opened out into my Facebook page.

I used Facebooks page to get rid of 2 recent unknown activities , the name of one was the scammer.  Ive changed password , and deactivated the account for now.

Ive changed passwords on a few sites 

Any other tips  or sites for advice 

Best Wishes

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Jenny105 

As this as on FB, I think you have done all you can ..re changing passwords etc.

You could have reported the post as scam via Facebook at the time, though as you have changed the password now, I doubt you will see it again.

O2 have plenty advice on scams.

Guide: Have you fallen for or been conned into a premium rate scam? What to do next 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/phishing-and-smishing-advice 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Thanks for that. The voting scam came in an email asking me to vote for a favourite company of mine. I opened it into Facebook ..... just as i realised my mistake. FB tools showed 2 recent activities (one from the phisher) which were taken down.
Message 3 of 4

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

The scam came via email .. long story . but- I opened it into Facebook. FB found 2 unusual recent activities  and blocked them .... It just shows how vigilant one has to be. I thought the email had come from a trusted site .

Message 4 of 4