Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payforit scam

Stonepool18
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can anybody tell me where in o2 Terms & Conditions ' Payforit' is covered. I'm being scammed & am having trouble finding out when I authorised o2 to take money from my account without asking. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Payforit_Sucks
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Stonepool18 wrote:

OK many thanks. They give out your number to scammers,then take the money for them & deny any responsibility for it! After 15 years a customer, paying my bills every month on time. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask!

Yes, that's a good summary of how this thing works. O2 claim that they only work with 'trusted third parties', but a look at reviews of some of these companies shows huge numbers of complaints about unauthorised payments. O2 are negligent in not protecting customers from these scams.

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 11 of 12

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Payforit_Sucks wrote:

@Stonepool18 wrote:

OK many thanks. They give out your number to scammers,then take the money for them & deny any responsibility for it! After 15 years a customer, paying my bills every month on time. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask!

Yes, that's a good summary of how this thing works. O2 claim that they only work with 'trusted third parties', but a look at reviews of some of these companies shows huge numbers of complaints about unauthorised payments. O2 are negligent in not protecting customers from these scams.

Nail on the head! Kudos!

Message 12 of 12