Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUFFL changing to monthly?

Smileypants
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello, I am the owner of a very old Pay up front for life (PUFFL) sim via bt cellnet many moons ago which after a one off upfront payment it should never be subject to monthly fees under this contract.
I received this email this week:

From 2 August we'll be moving you onto the latest version of our Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement, which sets out our terms and conditions. You can find out how this change affects you here.
We’re also increasing some prices that fall outside your monthly allowance – such as non-inclusive texts. Some of the prices of additional services will change too, for example the price of receiving a paper bill. You can find out more here.
Thanks,
O2

Using the link in the email doesn’t really give any information regarding this PUFFL contract so could anyone tell me if my pay up from for life is about to be shafted?

Many thanks
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Smileypants 

We understand the PUFFL contracts are not effected but the email appears to have gone out to every customer, regardless of tariff.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Smileypants 

We understand the PUFFL contracts are not effected but the email appears to have gone out to every customer, regardless of tariff.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

kontiki
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Both my wife & me have PUFFL, they are for 50minutes anytime & no TXT but only to landlines or O2 phones. As very low users this is fine, we have the landlines for most calls. Will any of this change, be handy to call other mobile networks but mostly use for incoming calls.

Message 3 of 4

Ryan68
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received a similar letter (not e-mail) back in June, and low and behold, today I received an SMS that my tariff has been changed to O2 Unlimited 30D 500MB.  It is showing also on My O2 account as the same tariff with a monthly fee of zero.  

Message 4 of 4