Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P30 Pro wifi calling

Matt82
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I received my new P30 pro after looking around for a few months wanting to upgrade my P10 which I really liked. Searched up to make sure that wifi calling would work with it as our reception at home in terrible and have to go upstairs to try and get a half decent signal. Found this page (2nd result on google search for 'p30 pro wifi calling o2') https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices?page=device/huawei/p30-pro/topic/settings/how-to-a... so was happy enough that it was supported. Yes, i've been made aware that there is a page with a list of supported phones (no Huawei ones though).

So what is the deal with there being a 'Huawei P30 Pro - Android 9 (Pie) How to activate VoWiFi' device help page misleading your customer to believe that it IS availabel when its not? I'm in my 14 day cooling off period but the phone has to be returned in pristine condition and i've heard of a few ppl saying that any slight mark will count as 'minor damage', resulting in being charged 1/3 the price of the handset, around £300.

Any advice on what to do, severely annoyed after going ahead and buying my first ever decent phone to find this out?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Matt82 

This is a customer forum so we can't answer the question of why that page exists.

I'll tag @EmilieT though who can look into that for you.

With regards to your cooling off period, you need to return the device and all accessories. I've never heard of anyone having to pay for slight marks.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Matt82
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The phone wasn't bought direct from o2 website. The companys returns policy states that it must be in pristine condition to return for full refund. Also the £100 cashback offer on the P30 pro ends on the 4th September so i've little time to get this resolved and get another handset bought on a different network otherwise missing out on this deal

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Matt82 

I can only suggest you take your phone to your local O2 store to be assessed and for advice. 

I would think that's the quickest way.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Matt82also posted here..

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android/Wifi-Calling-Coming-soon-to-Huawei-P20-amp-P20-Pro/m-p/1251243...

I tagged @Chris_K to see why that page exists. I can see the set up process is greyed out, but even so, the fact it's on the website at all is confusing for customers.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

Matt82
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I can't see that it's greyed out. Looks like a step by step screenshot for setting up the p30 pro for WiFi calling. I just noticed there is a similar page for the p20. Very confusing and inconvenient. It was the first page I found so seen no need to investigate any further before buying
Message 6 of 10

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Matt82 usually your phone will need to be O2 firmware for WiFi calling and 4G Calling to be permitted to be enabled

We know from information provided that the P20 / P20 Pro should have it enabled now.
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

At the worst scenario, past the device in full and move to a network that supports the phone. That is of course if you have a Refresh contract. If you got the phone from a 3rd party then you will have to return it in the 14 and take any financial hit. I wouldn't bank on O2 sorting this out in the foreseeable future. 

Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@PhoneChanger wrote:

We know from information provided that the P20 / P20 Pro should have it enabled now.

Not according to this post from @Chris_K posted on the 30th of August https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android/Wifi-Calling-Coming-soon-to-Huawei-P20-amp-P20-Pro/m-p/1250546...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @MI5 thumbsup

@Matt82 I've passed on this feedback about the website on my end, and if I hear anything else I'll post an update here - thanks a lot for taking the time to let us know about it!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 10