cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outrageous O2 grey market practices!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I buy a Sony Xperia z5 Compact from the o2 shop in Preston and am pretty happy with it. Notwithstanding the first one I had had a technical issue it was dealt with pretty efficiently. At the time I wanted to buy a cover but the store said their stock had been 'uplifted' by head office!.  I went back a week later to see if the cover I wanted the Sony scr44 in black was in stock but again nothing doing.

The black one is pretty sought after, and  I assumed you must have just run out of stock... till I found this...

O2 Official Ebay store run by Kondor ltd

Where you are flogging them out at nearly £40 for the black ones but only £16 for the coral ones.

I guess it wont be long before o2 get into the ticket touting, and market trading business!!

I have put in a complaint!! 

Message 1 of 42
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@ianmr65 wrote:

So I buy a Sony Xperia z5 Compact from the o2 shop in Preston and am pretty happy with it. Notwithstanding the first one I had had a technical issue it was dealt with pretty efficiently. At the time I wanted to buy a cover but the store said their stock had been 'uplifted' by head office!.  I went back a week later to see if the cover I wanted the Sony scr44 in black was in stock but again nothing doing.

The black one is pretty sought after, and  I assumed you must have just run out of stock... till I found this...

O2 Official Ebay store run by Kondor ltd

Where you are flogging them out at nearly £40 for the black ones but only £16 for the coral ones.

I guess it wont be long before o2 get into the ticket touting, and market trading business!!

I have put in a complaint!! 

Just an FYI.

The rrp set by Sony on SCR44 is £34.99.
Addin on the eBay fees for corporate will give you the £37.99 price.
The coral is the hard to shift one as it's a niche colour, so has been reduced. The black one at £37.99 is the retail price.

View solution in original post

Message 39 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10160 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3009 Solutions
Having a look at that store its just a license holder who is selling there goods under the o2 / telefonica brands hence the bit in the t&c's that they say they operate under license to o2.

I dont think the stock comes from o2's channel stock but from Kondors own channel partners, it also looks like Kondor are making the most of market forces..
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 42

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
That's not an "Official" o2 sales outlet.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kondor are acting as O2 licence holders sure, but the branding is fairly extensive so they must be pretty trusted to use O2's brand asset so freely. They are effectively O2's outlet. I think it's pretty suspect that the stock of this case was so comprehensively uplifted from retail shops and the direct channels, whilst the handset is still on sale, and now only Kondor with an O2 badge have them available. The only colour that is widely available is coral - so those are going everywhere for 15 notes... The black version is trending at 50 quid! I think O2 have sold this stock to Kondor to turn a quick buck on the rising market.

Message 5 of 42

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Just out of interest, do you have any actual proof of this or is it just speculation?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

To be honest I think O2 should look seriously at that site and if they have no affiliation with it then should take some action. It states o2 -uk-shop.....when you browse around the O2 logo is everywhere...?

O2 shop 1.JPG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 42

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Kondor are affiliated with o2 (they usually handle their promotions) if you recall.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Kondor are affiliated with o2 (they usually handle their promotions) if you recall.

Yes I do remember. However, I think the site is blatantly pretending to be O2. If you did a google search for an item and were directed to it ...many many people would think they were buying from O2

PS I have edited that image. My postcode was on display....Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 42

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Maybe it is official ?
Perhaps @Toby could check....?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 42