Did you mean: 

Order has been processing for weeks

Mel00
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I placed my new phone upgrade on the 26th of September, money was debited but got an email shortly after saying the phone was out of stock.

I understand supplier delays but this wait has been crazy. I called during week 2 of the wait and the rep told me that yes they are experiencing delays with certain Apple products - the phone is an iPhone 11 so not a hugely in demand phone right now - and she told me not to cancel because I'm in week 2 and it's a 2 week wait period currently. 

That time period has now passed and I'm still bewildered, the order is still processing and there's been absolutely no update. 

What are my options? Has my order just slipped through the cracks supplier-wise? I feel like calling a rep again won't do much because they don't have control over it and I don't want to go through this waiting process again. In about a week it'll be a full month of no updates.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Mel00 This is a customer community. No one here has knowledge of, or access to anyone's order. All we can advise is that you call customer service again: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Mel00 This is a customer community. No one here has knowledge of, or access to anyone's order. All we can advise is that you call customer service again: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 10

Mel00
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Bambino. I'm aware of that and have done the usual things people would suggest, at this point I'm more asking for opinions on what the best course of action is from people who may be in similar circumstances/have dealt with this before.

Message 3 of 10

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Blame insulate Britain, lack of drivers, returned orders and silicon shortage. I waited just over 3 weeks for my order. 

It is frustrating I know but a rush come no faster than it comes.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 4 of 10

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @Mel00 

Welcome to the o2 Community forum 

Unfortunately o2 do not seem to have stocks 

very often

Argos have plenty of iPhone 11 in different colours too 128Gb .  Doesn't seem to be a shortage there 🥴

Sorry about your order with o2 .

It may be an awful experience but it would be wise to follow up the order with customer services. 

Good luck 

PS you do need to find out your options with C.S. You may have considered this but could you get into an o2 shop. I  got my  Samsung android from a o2 shop and they were so helpful and set it up got it up and running  great experience. 👍 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 10

Mel00
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the responses.

I got off the phone with customer services a bit ago and was told that it's a 4+ week waiting period (not sure why the other girl told me 2 weeks, but maybe it changed). Unfortunately I'm not in the position where I can leave home and go to a shop.

Honestly I wouldn't mind the wait if I had known beforehand that the phone was out of stock and there's issues with re-stocking and delivery that's out of o2's control. I get that things like this happen. But it's just shoddy practice to sell something that you know you don't have and then leaving customers in the dark for weeks, it feels intentionally misleading and from looking around the forum it seems like this is a really common issue 😞 Going to keep waiting but probably the last contract I'll ever have with o2, sadly.

Message 6 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mel00  Totally agree. We have been asking for years that O2 implement a live stock system (like Amazon, who sell a far more vast range of goods than O2) However our requests fall on deaf ears. Shoddy practice without a doubt.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 10

RG4
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HiMel00

I'm in similar situation, I decided to go for a contract for iPhone 12 which was in stock, then got email with "Hey great news full steam ahead!", 2 min later sorry it's out of stock.

I understand shortages but they already made me sign the contract, took my direct debit details etc.

WHAT ON EARTH THEY THINK THEY'RE DOING.

Has anyone got out of the O2 contract before the waiting game ended? Help,

I don't want to be tied with this company for next 2 years.

RG

Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @RG4 

You need to talk to O2.

Looks like you should contact the sales team as they can help with that – message them on Social Media if that works best for you -on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Or you can call them on 0800 081 0255

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

Evan1
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

my uncle works high up in o2, do you want me to put a word in

im in the exact same situation as the creator of the thread, order states out of stock and the live updates are barely live whatsoever - just been left in the dark. 

Its barely been a week since i ordered the phone and usually i have pretty good pasience but in this case it is running short just because of the lack of information ive been given. I mean for gods sake, top end phones are expensive and for such a premium good the customer service is s**t

Message 10 of 10