cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online 14 day returns procedure doesn't work for my device!

acdsosys
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Device in question is the Microsoft Surface Pro X which I bought through a data only bundle upgrade on 1st August 2020.

Did the research and figured most of the issues would be sorted by now giving most reviews/reports were dated end of 2019 to early 2020.

After discovering half the software I use simply doesn't work on the Surface Pro X and even some software promised at the device launch in late 2019 still isn't available and Microsoft themselves are having issues with the latest release (2004) on this device, I have decided enough is enough and I want to return the device.

Call centre is restricted to a couple of options ONLY (from memory I think it was urgent account enquiries and lost/stolen phones) If you don't pick either of those 2 options you get cut off 😞

Online returns - after entering the sim number and typing the code, you are asked for the manufacturer. Microsoft ISN'T listed. Nokia/Microsoft is, which gets me to the Nokia page, no mention of the Surface Pro X so basically I can't progress any further down that route as the system hasn't been setup for Microsoft ?

I could take it back to my 'local' store.........in the next town! That's a 25 minute drive by vehicle, 25 minute journey by train (which only runs every hour) or a 40 minute journey by bus.

Anyone got any ideas how to progress with the return of a device when O2 have clearly made it virtually impossible given I've only got about 10 days left of the 14 day window.  

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@acdsosys 

Say you want to upgrade when you call to get put through.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@acdsosys 

Say you want to upgrade when you call to get put through.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2