Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Phone Number Not Working

GemmaB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Can someone please help, my partner had his phone stolen on Tuesday and he rang o2 and barred his number etc. He then got a new phone on Wednesday. He got everything set on Thursday morning with a new sim but wanted his old number, so got it sorted they said it was activated give it 24hours (never takes that long) got past 24hours still no activation. Went back into o2 this morning and they said it wasn’t working coz the number was still barred. Apparently they lifted it and it should’ve been working from an hour or so (got to give 24hours) it still isn’t working. I’m really not happy with how it’s been dealt with, we’re going back in tomorrow to sort it. Can someone please tell me what the issue could be?

Thank you
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@GemmaB 

There are two bars applied.

One to sim and the other to the account.

Both need lifting.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

GemmaB
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ah okay, thank you maybe they just lifted the bar of the number maybe? I’m hoping this is all that’s wrong.
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@GemmaB 

I'd guess the account is still barred.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

GemmaB
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hopefully they can sort this tomorrow you’d think they’d know to do this already
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Customer service is very poor these days.

You have to tell them what to do as they have no clue anymore.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Definitely the account is still barred. Hopefully you get through to someone who knows what they are doing tomorrow. Weekend staff though.... mnn! 

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Calling early around 8.00am is best time @GemmaB 

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Please let us know how you get on with customer services @GemmaB!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 9