Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2Home Update

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I've just been told that an email or letter is due to be with people next week or week after, explaining about refunds and what to do with equipment.

Best regards,

Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Simma
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 52 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

As O2 are cancelling the contract, and only refunding that which was paid for devices which will now become useless (it appears all of mine will be non reusable) they are not offering us anything other than the minimum refund which is legally due actually. On that basis I will indeed be persuing a legal challenge for removal and redecoration costs unless a realistic offer is made. Hapilly I have Legal Cover on my Home insurance to assist me. 

Message 31 of 41

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good morning guys,

See below some information regarding your earlier questions from the Home team on compatibility:

Regarding your question on what standard the door sensors and motion detectors use @gmarkj, neither device can be readily connected to another device. The devices will need to be disposed of unfortunately.

A number of the devices are built specifically for the hub used for O2 Home, so cannot be used with other hubs. You can see https://www.o2.co.uk/o2home for what devices can be adjusted to work with other platforms. 

Message 32 of 41

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
Thanks for the update @Marjo.
Unfortunately it has raised more questions - specifically about one of the links.
The Smart Plug gives a link to Aeotec for a list of hubs that they would work with. However, the images on the link are for a US plug (recessed 2 pin).
Having done some research US and UK (or EU) have different standards for some of the connection methods. Does this mean that the plugs we have use the US standard (as that is what is shown), or that we use the UK standard? This might mean that the compatability on the Aeotec website is wrong...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 33 of 41

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@gmarkj If it helps it looks like most of the cameras and sensors are made by a company called sercomm. However based on the information I can find they make the firmwares of each device bespoke for the security solution they are aimed at with no easy way of resetting for access to another solution.

I have dropped them an email to see if they can offer any help or advise and will post an update if I hear back... (not holding out for any good news though)
Message 34 of 41

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Thanks for the update @Marjo.
Unfortunately it has raised more questions - specifically about one of the links.
The Smart Plug gives a link to Aeotec for a list of hubs that they would work with. However, the images on the link are for a US plug (recessed 2 pin).
Having done some research US and UK (or EU) have different standards for some of the connection methods. Does this mean that the plugs we have use the US standard (as that is what is shown), or that we use the UK standard? This might mean that the compatability on the Aeotec website is wrong...

Hi @gmarkj, this would be something that has to be queried from the manufacturer's side.

Thanks for your help @PhoneChanger. slight_smile

Message 35 of 41

gmarkj
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
So I contacted Wink about their hub to see a) if there was a UK version or b) what frequency their US hub used.
Turns out that the answer is no and 908.42 MHz which is the US standard (shocker).
This means that it would not work with the plugs or the water/temperature sensor (as they are UK standard and use 868.24 MHz).
However, the Samsung Hub does use the 868, so I think this will need to be the one I upgrade to.
The only issue is that I am not sure if the Samsung Hub is compatible with Tado...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 36 of 41

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122769 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@gmarkjwrote:
So I contacted Wink about their hub to see a) if there was a UK version or b) what frequency their US hub used.
Turns out that the answer is no and 908.42 MHz which is the US standard (shocker).
This means that it would not work with the plugs or the water/temperature sensor (as they are UK standard and use 868.24 MHz).
However, the Samsung Hub does use the 868, so I think this will need to be the one I upgrade to.
The only issue is that I am not sure if the Samsung Hub is compatible with Tado...

I suspect this will require a call to Tado or Samsung? @gmarkj (I just brought up both websites and can find nothing) though I admit my knowledge on this is as limited as a blumming goldfish...Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 41

gmarkj
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
Yeah would need to contact one or both.
TBH it is not the end of the world - Tado is a stand-alone system so it doesn't HAVE to work with it.
It would be useful though as you could just use one app instead of two. Or three. Or ...

Message 38 of 41

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
There was an app made by thirds parties via the Smartthings lab that enabled Tado to work with Smartthings but from research the app never made it beyond the lab to full integration, but the link is still available.

On a side note its looking more likely that the camera's are useless. I've reset and re-paired the Samsung Camera via my router and can now access it via IP and web browser, but the model O2 provided is not supported by Smartthings, and is also the company who do supply it Hanwah (Smart cam team) will not assist and are simply passing my back to O2 to assist, which sadly means the camera won't work standalone with the smartcam app either.

anyone has any luck finding the consumer firmware file for this?

For the other cams I am yet to "guess" the username and passwords but it looks like you can use these as IP cameras also.

Can't access the O2 hub at all so i'm guessing that is going in the bin... (sorry I mean electrical waste)
Message 39 of 41

gmarkj
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
Did you get a new hub @PhoneChanger or are you just connecting to the camera(s) by IP?
Depending on what kit you had it might be worth getting the Samsung Hub (half price at Argos/Currys) as the plugs and water sensor will (apparently) work with it.
The only issue is that Argos have no stock, and Currys has to deliver to store from the warehouse.
Will consult with the home-boss but think this might be the way forward...

Message 40 of 41